Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Being a great mom takes so much work!
I took a day off work to watch my 2 nephews. Let me tell you that was so much work. I played with them for hours...running back and forth in the yard. Then, the one year old fell asleep. In the process of putting him to sleep, I almost forgot (i was falling asleep too) that I had the four year old waiting for me to give him a bath. Then, I gave the 4 yeard old his bath and played in the shower for over an hour. soon, the baby had woken up and it was time to play again! oh boy...I realized that being a good mommy takes lots of work. when it was time to leave, they cried :) i am happy i made their day...they made mine too-they said the funniest things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that being a mother is a lot of work! And they grow so quickly that by the time you learned something, it is time for a new routine! It is wonderful to be a tia because you can spoil them and not be responsible... Being a mom is very different!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was single I used to babysit several nieces and nephews, and at the time I thought that I did a pretty good job at it; thus I assumed that being a mom was going to be a piece of cake. When I had my two children, who are one-year apart each, I was desperate and cried when my husband went back to work after he had stayed home after the birth of our second child. Today, I look back and I already forgot about my struggles when they were little.
ReplyDeleteThat is why there is a special day once a year for mothers. Mother's Day praises and gives thanks to all the hard-working mothers out there. Being a mother is a full-time job and mothers are rarely acknowledged. Mothers were created by God because babies couldn't take care of themselves and they need all the love and nurture they can get.
ReplyDeleteBeing a mom is hard work but I think it is harder when you have to watch somebody elses' children. I never wanted to babysit for anybody because I saw it as a great responsibility. But once I had my own children it became easier. I must say that it was hard at the beginning but you get use to it as you find ways to manage how to take care of your children. I kept thinking that once my children would get older, it was going to get easier. Nope, I was wrong, the older they get, the harder and more complicated it gets. =(
ReplyDelete